Security of Information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
Termination of Access
Access to this website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
- Who is collecting the data?
- Data is collected and stored by JR William in the United States of America.
- What data is being collected?
- JR William collects data relevant to your shopping and purchasing history while you are visiting www.JRWilliam.com in an attempt to improve the browsing and shopping experience.
- This data may include names, addresses, phone numbers, dates of birth, etc. of you or other related parties (for example, recipient information if you are buying a gift card or sending a physical order to a gift recipient). The information you provide will be stored with us, and you can add, delete, or change your registered information at any time by logging into your account.
- Other data collected in addition to the data that you actively provide to us may not be as obvious are cookies, IP address, browser/device information, social media handles if you reach our site through clicking on one of our advertisements. This information helps us to recognize you and allows us to customize your browsing and shopping experiences.
- If you make a purchase on www.JRWilliam.com, we will collect additional information such as credit card numbers, expiry dates, CVVs, and billing addresses in order to complete your purchase. Similarly relevant information will be collected if you use alternative payment methods such as Amazon Pay or Apple Pay.
- What is the legal basis for processing the data?
- All transactional data is securely processed through industry standard processing practices and information is anonymized and encrypted whenever possible in the case of credit card numbers and otherwise identifying financial information. JR William does not store or have access to customers’ full credit card numbers.
- Will the data be shared with any third parties?
- As a general rule, information collected by us will not be shared outside of JR William unless information is collected via a multi-brand partnership such as a giveaway or brand collaboration. We will always inform you of this separately when collecting information that will be shared with any additional parties. Customer and order recipient information provided to us will not be shared with any third parties outside of those necessary to deliver your order, for example, we provide information we collect to third party service providers, such as the fulfillment warehouses and parcel carriers who help to ship and deliver your orders.
- JR William team members with access to your personal data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information collected from you.
- How will the information be used?
- The information is used to provide customers with improved shopping experiences on our website and to facilitate the processing and delivery of orders of physical products.
- How long will the data be stored for?
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you continue to be an JR William customer and for as long as we are required to keep it to ensure we meet our legal requirements across the globe.
If you no longer wish to be a customer you can contact our Customer Care team and request that we close your account. However, we have a legal requirement to keep some of your personal data even after you have asked us to delete it. We will only keep what we absolutely need to, and only to make sure we can meet our legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions
- What rights does the data subject have?
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information,these are:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can updatemost of this through My Account)
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account
- The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to ask us to explain any computer-system decision about you
The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us. As a starting point, we have 30 days in which to respond to you. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
- How can the data subject raise a complaint?
- You can request a copy of the information that we have on file for you at any time by emailing customercare@JRWilliam.com. Please allow up to 30 days to respond to such inquiries.